The latest statistics show that around 48% of the US gamblers prefer slot machines over other casino games. Slots have become so popular and massively played thanks to the great variety of titles. And the chance of choosing the best game adds to the thrill. That’s why people play sports slots often, especially winter sports-related ones. This is a game of chance; and when it is competition-based also, it becomes a magnet for sports fans.
But you should not start playing spontaneously. Despite all the fun, thrill and excitement, these games involve monetary risks. That’s why it is a must to research on the game before you start playing. To fully evaluate the game, you should realize how it functions and what features it provides. This guide will explain the slot characteristics and give you advice on how to choose one.
Obviously, the gaming community reviews the titles and leaves feedback. You can find a review for almost any game released so far. Always read the reviews on the game you want to play. By reading all the comments, you will understand whether it is a scam or not. People usually write how much they win and lose during the session. Thus, you will get an initial impression of the slot. Check out the games rating on review websites, Facebook groups, and gambling forums.
Ski Slot Game’s Characteristics
Each slot machine has a bunch of characteristics which altogether determine its quality and the ability to amuse you and give payouts. While choosing the game, please, pay attention to software, device compatibility, RTP, volatility, in-game features, and available jackpots.
Casino software undergoes the quality-control procedure. The games are evaluated, examined and then approved by testing agencies. The agency examines the fairness of gameplay, the winnings rate, average payouts, etc. The inspection procedure can take up to six months.
Gaming software must meet international quality standards provided by gambling jurisdictions. Therefore, a good and trusted provider must be certified by the testing agency and the gambling regulatory body.
There are several jurisdictions such as the UK, the Isle of Man, Malta, Gibraltar, and Curaçao exercising control over gambling establishments. The software providers must meet specific criteria to be eligible to apply for the license.
The slot machine’s main action field is presented in the form of a grid. The columns are what we call reels and the horizontal positions are rows. Usually, slots have from 3 to 5 reels. But, some titles include even 6 vertical positions. Pay attention to the reel design since the gameplay depends on it. The games with 5-6 columns offer more symbols, betting options and paying combinations. The 3-reel slots now belong to the old-fashioned classics.
A payline is a line which joins symbols positioned on the reels, forming a winning combination. When slot machines first appeared, they had a single payline through the middle row. Modern slot machines have from 10 to 200+ lines. It increases the chances of gaining profit and offers flexibility since most of the games have adjustable lines. It is important to mention that the wager amount is distributed across the paylines. If you have 200 lines, you will normally spend more money per spin.
Slot machines, especially sports-related ones, are designed to bring players maximum entertainment and excitement via built-in incentives. Each software provider develops unique features for each game it releases. It is hardly possible to name all of them in a single article since there are thousands of games with thousands of multipliers and boosters. However, it is quite possible to name and explain the types of these incentives:
- Scatter and wild cards. Unlike regular symbols, these give you perks and rewards. Scatters trigger bonus games, multiplied winnings, and free spin rounds. As a rule, bonuses are activated when you hit 2 or more scatters. These icons often have a high payout value. Wilds function differently. If they land on the reels, they replace all the regular icons in a particular row thus causing a winning outcome. They can be sticky (present on the reels for a couple of spins) or expanded (cover multiple landing positions). These symbols often multiply winnings.
- Bonus events. They are activated by scatters and offer completely different gameplay. For instance, in winter slots players can play a mini snowboarding or skiing event. It may involve taking control over a character and completing jumps, air tricks and other stuff.
- Free Spins. As the name suggests, this incentive gives you free turns with the bet size and the coin value of the round that triggered it. The number of FS in each slot can vary greatly. On average, you can activate around 20 turns. However, some games may offer a maximum of 40, 50 and even up to 100 FS. Besides that, this feature can be reactivated. This happens when you hit scatters during this bonus game. In some cases, the winnings are multiplied during the session.
- Multipliers. Basically, they increase your winning on a particular payline by several times. The game symbols contain multipliers from 2x to 1,000x, and even 5,000x. For example, you manage to hit 3 symbols paying 5x. Let’s say, your bet size is $20. In this case, your win is counted as $100. The more icons land on the reels simultaneously, the more cash you will get. The values are mentioned in the paytable of each game.
- Re-spin feature. It is different from the reactivated free spins. In the case of a re-spin, the reels that activated it stay locked, while the others start spinning 2-3 times.
- Cascading/Falling/Swooping Reels. While the regular reels spin, the cascading reels start to fall down with the symbols splitting into many pieces. This gives the players more wins.
- Synchronized Reels. In this case, 2 or even 3 reels spin in sync, increasing the chance of hitting similar adjacent symbols.
- Nudge symbols. Sometimes, all the winning symbols drop separately on the reels. They cannot form a winning combination. The nudge feature changes their positions, shuffles them so that they form a win.
- Achievements. While completing the game objectives, players are rewarded with achievement bonuses. The objectives vary. As a rule, players need to hit some symbols several times to collect them.
Check out the Jackpot status of the game before playing it. What is it? This is a prize usually measured in thousands of dollars. The prize can be progressive meaning it increases every time you make a stake. Game developers also feature progressive grand prize networks. These networks include titles linked together. Thus, a couple of thousands of players wagering together on a single title contribute to the million-dollar-worth prize pool. €17,879,645.12 is the largest sum ever won in a slot machine.
The RTP or Return to Player percentage determines the average payout in the game in the long run. Winter sports slots have the RTP of 95-97%. To put it simply, for $100 wagered, a slot machine pays you $95 in return. That is what comes in theory. In practice, everything is a bit different.
It does not mean that you always win less than contribute. If things were like that, nobody would play slots and speak of the jackpot world records. The RTP is a total payout sum divided by the total sum wagered. The calculations are made within dozens of thousands of spins.
On the other hand, it is better to play 97% slots rather than 90% ones anyway.
The volatility of a slot machine refers to its risk. There are two types of volatility — low and high. The low volatility means low risk and also smaller wins. The high volatility, on the contrary, involves higher risks. Such slots offer fewer winning spins, but higher payouts.
Casinos do not reflect the volatility of the games. You can check this only during the play. That is why it is better to play a free demo version first before making any deposits to a casino.
Device compatibility determines whether or not you can play a slot machine on your PC, smartphone or tablet. As a rule, the majority of slots are available on any PC or mobile device, especially with the growing popularity of mobile casinos. Generally, Android, iOS, Windows and even Mac users have no problems with casino games. However, some games are not compatible with old models of device. That is why it is important to clarify this aspect.
Animation and Music
High-quality ski-themed slots feature pleasant background music and smooth eye-catching animations. Symbols, game characters, reels, and payout effects are animated in slot machines.
The quality of the audio and visual elements are ensured by the game developer. Also, it’s preferable that you can adjust the music according to your preferences. Game settings allow you to remove or leave sound effects.
Ski Slots Selection: Expert Tips
Experienced bettors play with minimal losses. And they win more than the average players due to the betting life hacks. To be successful in slots, you need to work out a professional strategy. Here are crucial tips for you to profit from slot machines.
Bonuses and Promo Codes
To save your own money, play winter sports slots with the casino’s cash. You can do it with free casino bonuses. Each gaming room offers no deposit cash, free play, and FS. When you register, you claim the prize. For example, in the case of free cash, once you complete the registration, a small sum will be credited to your account. To claim the prize, use promo codes. The casinos feature them on their promotional pages. However, before registering and starting to play, read the terms and conditions page carefully.
Broadly Promoted Slots
It is better to avoid too popular games. When you see a slot machine advertised on every single gambling-related website, choose the less advertised one. The most popular slots may pay you less than some less intensively promoted titles. The popular product may not always be the best one. Fortunately, there are thousands of games to choose from.
The same is true for the branded slots. These are, for instance, Marvel or DC slots, or other amusements featuring popular movie, video game or fictional characters. As a rule, such titles attract people due to the big-name brand rather than lucrative in-game features. It does not mean that all the branded slots are poorly made. But it is better to think twice before playing any of them.
Some people do not want to share their personal information with casinos. They want to play anonymously. And indeed, some gaming rooms do not require personal information to preserve the customer’s anonymity. However, a reputable gaming room will always ask you to provide your identity proof. The documents ensure the lawfulness of the business. Moreover, there are no options to play for real money without registering at a casino.