What comes to your mind when you hear the words “gambling” and “casino”? Usually, it is a huge casino hall with roulette wheels, card game tables, and video slot machines. The air is saturated with risk, adrenaline, and the desire for wins. Any gambler wants to become a part of this excitement.
However, it is not always possible to access a land-based gaming house. Instead, more and more people prefer playing online. Virtual gaming has several advantages over brick-and-mortar betting. Gamers can use casino bonuses and place bets in the comfort of their homes.
Online gaming operators develop technologies which bring the atmosphere of the real casino to the virtual environment. Nowadays, the Virtual Reality and X-Box technologies are mainly used to achieve maximum immersion.
Simply put, Virtual Reality is a simulated environment. To fully enjoy it, a gamer is required to use special equipment. It includes a VR headset, movement sensors, headphones, and controllers. Sometimes, a treadmill is required too.
Your computer also has to match specific system requirements. Here are the minimal requirements for Oculus Rift S:
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti
- CPU: Intel Core i3-6100
- OS: Win 10 64-bit
- RAM: 8GB
- 1xUSB 3.0
X-Box is a game console. A specific device dedicated to run the latest video games. It requires using controllers and suits people who love comfort since there is no need to stay in front of the computer desk. The tech is compatible with the newest devices.
Also, a vast majority of exciting games are released exclusively for consoles.
Who Brings Virtual Reality into Casino Games?
Virtual Reality was introduced in 2010 with the Oculus Rift headset. Online casino software developers including CASEXE, Microgaming, and NetEnt have started developing VR games in recent years. While VR shooters simulate fantasy worlds and wars, the immersive betting games simulate the casino environment.
Both types, however, require powerful hardware. With the graphics and animation quality similar to the newest video games, the casino amusements are optimized enough to provide the player with a smooth and steady experience.
Advantages of VR Implementation
- First of all, VR casino gaming is a completely new experience for players. It brings you fresh feelings and a new level of realism. Unlike 2D or 3D games, you get complete immersion into the gaming process. You are literally teleported to the world of gaming. You can feel like a part of the game itself.
- VR betting games are as diverse as 3D and 2D ones. Besides, you also receive a full range of casino bonuses as if you played traditional slots or blackjack.
- There is a strong social aspect since you can chat and interact with other players using live chat and voice chat systems.
Downsides of the VR Tech in Casinos
Nothing is perfect, however. And the VR tech also has some disadvantages when it comes to gaming:
- If you had not used the VR tech before, you would probably be unpleasantly surprised with the VR sickness. It will limit your experience or even make you feel sick every time you recall the headset. The sickness takes place when there is a discrepancy between what you see and what you do. For instance, your eyes see that you make a step in the simulated environment, while you sit in a chair in real life. Your vestibular system reports to your brain that you do not move. However, your eyes see the opposite. As a result, this causes sweating, headache, and nausea. To avoid this, you should use as many motion sensors as possible. Also, take breaks and try to move between the objects a little slower. The sickness may be caused by the lack of hardware performance. The above-mentioned computer specs are minimal. This means that such hardware allows you to launch the headset and the games with minimal FPS. To be comfortable with the virtual environment, you should use at least 4GB graphics card and CPU equivalent to Core-i5 or better.
- These peculiarities require financial investment in the hardware upgrades. A new PC and a headset altogether can cost around $2,000. A treadmill alone, however, costs from $3,000 to $10,000.
Popular Gambling Games with VR Technology
With the Virtual Reality tech, you can enjoy a number of your favorite gambling amusements. They include:
- Slot machines. Slots are the most diverse entertainment in the whole gaming industry. You can enjoy classic and unique themed games. They offer not only a fantastic visual image, but also decent prizes and jackpots. For example, with Gonzo’s Quest by NetEnt, you can explore the surroundings and interact with Gonzo as if he was a real person. This is a very unusual experience. You can discover the jungles and ancient Indian-like temples. Moreover, this title is linked to the Mega Fortune progressive network which rewards players with million-dollar prizes.
- Table games. With VR blackjack and baccarat, you can teleport right to the casino table, make bets, and shuffle the cards with the virtual dealer. The same is true for roulette. Want to spin the roulette wheel in deep space with a space robot? That is exactly what Microgaming can offer.
- This is only the beginning. Immersive technologies have already brought online gambling to a new level. And the gaming industry will surely make huge steps forward in this direction in the future.
X-Box and Casinos Collaborations
Consoles are incredibly popular among gamers. These devices are usually more affordable than a PC. There is no need for constant upgrades. The console gameplay is way more comfortable.
These devices are easy to use and require fewer computer skills. Moreover, wireless controllers and enhanced multiplayer features bring more action to your gaming experience. Nowadays, X-Box products are among the leaders in the gaming industry.
For those casino fans who love console gameplay, there are a couple of games they should definitely try:
- The Four Kings Casino and Slots. Released in 2015 by Digital Leisure Inc., this title belongs to social gambling meaning there are no real-money stakes. It is played online, and you will be able to enjoy the most popular betting amusements with your friends. Level up, become the number one on the leaderboard, customize your character, and chat with friends.
- Full House Poker. The action takes place in a casino and focuses on poker games. You can compete with up to 30 players in a tournament mode, and improve your poker skills with AI characters and real people.